It’s that time of year again when we all resolve to make some changes that will have a positive impact on the lives of our families. What could be more life-enhancing than nurturing creativity? How you ask? The Children’s Museum of Central Nebraska offers a simple answer. Resolve to make (more) room in your life for play.
So this new year join us at CMCN in resolving to play more!
I recently ran across this list of the Top 10 Things Children Really Want Their Parents To Do with them… Maybe add a few of these to your New Year Resolutions as well!
1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in, sing me a song, and tell me stories about when you were little.
2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6. At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
7. Let me play outside (and at the Children’s Museum) alot!
8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.